What Is A Bill of Lading?
When we talk about the shipping process, we will always deal with the bill of lading form. This document is required that also as a contract and a receipt at the same time. When the bill of lading has been received, this will legally bind and the person who received it has the obligation to deliver the goods to the consignee in a good condition. Therefore, the document should be signed by the authorized representative from the carrier, shipper until the receiver.
An example of a bill of lading is when a logistic company transports the gasoline via heavy trucks from Texas to Arizona. To make the document legally binding, then both parties; driver and the plant representative sign the document. Once the carrier has delivered the fuel to the gas station in Arizona, then the truck driver will also request the station clerk to sign the document.
Characteristics of Bill of Lading Form
- This is a legal document which is issued by the courier company to the shipper which detailing goods including type, destination and quantity are being carried.
- Besides act as an agreement, the bill of lading also acts as receipt and document of title.
- It should be signed by the carrier companies, shipper and also receivers.
- The document will prevent the assets from thefts.
Note that the information of BOL is crucial which will direct the person who is carrying the goods during the route of shipment. It should detail the location of the receiver, how the shipper should handle the goods, how it is billed and many more. On the other hand, the consignee must check the shipment once it is received before signing the document.
How To Make Bill of Lading
Generating a bill of lading is not easy. You should arrange and write down many details so you will get avoided by the future dispute. Luckily, right now you can make your own BOL from our template. It is easy to customize and really editable. This friendly document is free for download.
Also, pay attention to the following tips!
Clear and Accurate
Making a BOL should have clear and accurate details. it is not only about the goods details, the general information of the receiver and so on, but also the terms and conditions when certain things happen.
Always Use The Same Lading Form
To avoid mistakes if shipping is not the first time, you can use the same format. So, this is the best part of using our template. You can maintain your old format and edit it as you wish.
Store data Online
For eliminating risks, it is required to have your data online so you will not lose data when bad things happen.
That’s the quick information about bill of lading information. Not when you are making this BOL, don’t include a full image of the goods. Always list at least one contact information to ease the shipper find the receiver. Some shippers cannot find the receiver house and this will be beneficial to contact them.
- Blank Bill of Lading Templates
- Free Download Requisition Form Example with Professional Design
- Free Download Time Off Request Form and Quick Tips How To Make It
- Free Download Bill of Sale Form – How This Template Benefits You?
- Bill Receipt Template
- Free Download Medical Consent Form You Should Have
- Free Download Sample Medical Records Release Form and How To Request It
- Free Download Requisition Form for Any Kind of Business
- Free Download Personal Loan Agreement Form
- Download Editable Free Business Bill of Sale Form
- Get This Free Requisition Form! No Need For Registration!
- Free Bill of Loading Template
- Free Download Various Lease Addendum Form
- Get This Free Media Release Form For Your Business
- Printable Auto Bill of Sale Template
- Lorry Receipt Format Template
- Free Download Medical Release Form and How To Create It
- Free Download Quit Claim Deed Forms
- Order Receipt Template
- Equipment Bill of Sale Template
- Horse Bill of Sale Template