What Is A Lease Addendum Form?
Sometimes, the rental agreement between a tenant and a landlord doesn’t have sufficient information. To prevent certain disputes due to lack of information, a lease addendum form is required to give additional information. But if you have no idea how to write it properly, we provide you various templates so you could shortcut your work and have more time to do another thing. You can simply download these template on our page. Then, issue this form to your tenant at least a week before the start moving to your place.
When Do You Need To Use The Lease Addendum Form?
In fact, there is a misunderstanding about the use of this addenda. Many people believe this document can be used by the landlords after the agreement has been signed by both parties. Then the addenda are used to change the rules in the middle of the contract. However, changes can be made in a rental lease when using lease amendment.
Another myth comes from the addenda document is this is not necessary. In fact, any leased property should list the rental details. Some lease term needs more explanation, so this is how the lease addendum form will take the role. Of course, it needs extra signature, details, etc. However, when do we really need the addendum? Is it applied to all rental agreement or simple rental business? Here are a few rules about when you really need this document.
- The tenants aren’t allowed to bring pets
- The tenants aren’t allowed to make subleasing
- Reporting bedbug and other pest problems to the landlord is a must
- The landlord doesn’t permit landscaping in the written agreement
- Smoking prohibition in common areas
The above rules are so general and you don’t have to add addenda to support your agreement because these rules are common and there is no need to explain it more. But the addenda is needed when you have the following rules:
- The tenant is allowed to purchase or lease the property.
- When the tenants are allowed to bring their pets but with certain rules and also pet deposit.
- When the tenants’ guests will visit their spaces for several days in a row.
- When the tenants will have moved out before the expiration dates of the leasing. In this case, the tenants should pay the termination fee.
- When the tenants are installing an antenna or a satellite and they should follow the rules according to the guidelines.
What Are The Benefits of Using Lease Addendum Form?
The main purpose of creating this additional details is to outline the parties’ rights and obligations. This is also used to clear out a doubt so this can minimize the potential disputes in the future.
The length of the agenda document will depend on the number of the addenda and disclosure that is included. However, of course, the addendum will make the document agreement much longer, but you can divide your agreement into some sections so it is easier to read and understand.
The pet addenda are one of the examples that should be included when the tenant will bring them into the property. But if the tenant will not be allowed to bring the pet, then the agreement can be simply written without pets.
- Free Download Editable a Customizable Tenant Application Form
- Sample Texas Residential Lease Agreement All Formats
- Free Download Customizable Triple Net Lease Form
- Short Term Rental Agreement
- Free Download Rental Verification Form You Should Have
- Free Download Month To Month Rental Agreement Form
- Printable Roommate Rental Agreement Template
- Printable Commercial Sublease Agreement
- Eviction Notice Template
- Sample Vacation Agreement Template
- Texas residential lease agreement All Formats
- Room Rental Agreement Template Printable
- Printable Sample Land Lease Agreement
- Simple Commercial Lease Agreement Printable
- Printable Office Lease Agreement Templates
- Sample Car Rental Agreement Printable
- Home Purchase Agreement Printable
- Eviction Notice Template
- Free Download Personal Loan Agreement Form
- Free Download Child Travel Consent Form You Should Have
- Free Download Background Check Authorization Form For Any Kind Of Purposes