As a business owner or an employer, you must have no time in doing some technical things so sometimes you ask your employee to help you. Even you send them out of town to handle the task. When they are handling your business, they might be using their personal car for their business. If this happens, you need to start to consider the mileage reimbursement form. This will help your employee and yourself to examine their spending during that task.
What Is A Mileage Reimbursement?
Mileage reimbursement is compensating the employee’s expense when they used their personal tool or money to run the errands. However, there are some rules related to the reimbursement that you can do it if the condition is as follow.
- Your employee or staff drive to the bank for doing a business transaction.
- Your employee goes outside of the office to meet the potential customers or suppliers
- Driving to meet the potential client
- Your employee driving to pick up the office stuff
- Others that are related to the business
Furthermore, the mileage reimbursement rate always changes each year. This 2019, it should be 58 cents per mile. However, there is no law that the employers should follow this rate because each company has a different policy and industry. Usually, the rate for moving or medical purpose will be charged 20 cents each mile and 14 cents for charity-related activities.
Then, what can be covered when it comes to reimbursement? Usually, the mileage depends on the variable costs of the vehicle used. This reimbursement includes:
- Registration fee
- Standard Maintenance
And, the employer is supposedly only to give the reimbursement when the employe uses the personal car for business. But if they use the company’s car, then there is no reimbursement.
How to Get The Mileage Reimbursement?
To obtain the mileage reimbursement, the employee who uses the personal car for business should record it. We provide you the mileage reimbursement forms that are easy for recording the mileage. Most companies provide these forms, so if you are a business owner, you should provide this.
The mileage reimbursement forms such details about the drive should be included. This includes business purpose, date, origin, destination, miles traveled and also the total miles. This will ease the employers to examine the record and have arguments to accept o refuse it.
Some companies typically allow mileage reimbursement monthly and the rest of them annually. As an employer, it is important to turn the mileage information consistent.
How To Reimburse for Mileage
Mileage reimbursement can be done in a few steps and you should consider two important factors which are:
- Are you going to pay the reimbursement with direct deposit or paper checks?
- Are you planning to add the reimbursement along with the regular wages?
Besides, the employees don’t have to pay the taxes but it still gives the employers benefits such as:
- Employees’ satisfaction
- Employees will likely have the willingness to run the errands
- Receive business mileage deduction
- Free Download Mileage Reimbursement Forms
- Mileage Log Template
- Get The Free Verification Of Employment Forms
- Free Download Employee Information Form
- Download These Free Background Check Forms Before Hiring Employees
- Free Download Dot Physical Forms
- Free Download Disciplinary Action Form
- Employee Self Evaluation
- Car Purchase Agreement Printable
- Employment Contract Worksheet Template
- Free Downlo Receipt Forms for Any Type Of Business Field
- Pay Stub Templates
- Free Download Time Off Request Form
- Free Download Employee Write Up Forms
- Payroll Sheet Template
- Payroll Timesheet Template
- Rate Sheet Template
- Daily Timesheet Template Sample
- Free Download Sample Vacation Request Form
- Free Download Application Form Formats and Templates
- Free Download Application Form Example