What Is A Mileage Reimbursement Forms?
As a business owner, you must have so many things to do so sometimes you ask your employee to handle certain task such as going somewhere. With such hustle, your employees sometimes use their own vehicle. If you find this, you might need to consider the mileage reimbursement forms.
Mileage reimbursement forms are documented that enables the company or business organization to reimburse the expense of traveling due to business purpose. This form will also help your company to track and record the traveling details as well as the destinations. This is good for you so you can sort out and minimize unnecessary business travel.
To use this form, there are several conditions to underline such as:
- Driving for meeting a customer
- Driving for a business transaction in the bank
- Driving for picking up the supplies of the office
- Other business-related activities
Interestingly, this mileage reimbursement rate changes each year, but there is no obligation from law to force the employes to use the rate. It depends on the industries that make companies use certain rates for this matter.
Let’s take an example, the reimbursement for moving purpose is 20 cents/mile in 2019. Meanwhile, the charity-related mileage is 14 cents/mile.
What Can the Mileage Reimbursement Cover?
Keep in mind that the mileage rates depend on the variable and fixed costs. This includes oil, gas, registration fees, insurance, depreciation and also standard maintenance.
Note that you only give the reimbursement when your employee uses it for business purposes. If your employees use the companies car then you don’t need to use this.
How Do The Mileage Reimbursement Forms Work?
Note that the employee cannot just claim the reimbursement request without records. The employees should keep track of the business trip with the form. You can download our form on this page for free. It is available in various format and layouts. Next, your employee can easily record the document and you can easily track it down.
In the mileage reimbursement forms, you will need to detail the business trip. The information is usually including destination, purpose, origin, traveled, miles, total miles, and date.
It usually comes in multiple lines so the employee can add details on it. Next, you can determine and track down your employee business trip and sort out the important business trip and not. So, in the future, you can decide more effective trip.
How To Make A Mileage Reimbursement Form?
Making a mileage reimbursement form is very easy. The format, samples, and templates are available on this page for free. Next, put the details of the driver or employee on the form. Every time your employee is doing a business trip, he/she can write the details on it.
The main reason why you need the reimbursement form is to help you track the miles of your employee’s business trip. All the forms should be simple and easy to use. By using our template you can edit it and customize it as you need.
- Mileage Log Template
- Free Download Submittal Transmittal Form
- Employee Review Template Sample
- Free Download Emergency Contact Form Template
- Free Download Corporate Resolution Form
- Free Download Background Check Authorization Form For Any Kind Of Purposes
- Free Download Time Off Request Form
- Free Download Return To Work Medical Form
- Employee Evaluation Form
- Doctors Note Template
- Free Download Application Form Example
- Expense Report Template
- Free Download Employee Write Up Form To Discipline Your Employee
- Sample Car Rental Agreement Printable
- Pay Stub Templates
- Self Performance Review Example
- Sample Car lease Agreement Templates
- Doctor Note Templates
- Free Download Background Check Forms
- Free Download Emergency Contact Forms for Any Company and Organization
- Printable Nursing Note Templates