- 1 Free Download Prenuptial Agreement Template and Why You Need It Too!
- 2 What Is the Prenuptial Agreement?
- 3 Why Is The Prenuptial Agreement Important?
Free Download Prenuptial Agreement Template and Why You Need It Too!
What Is the Prenuptial Agreement?
As a couple, planning to enter the civil union might need some consideration. Everyone wishes to have a “happily ever after”, but things sometimes out of our control. Divorce is the only consequence. In the end, the financial effect of marriage suffers a lot too. Probably this is the reason why some couple holds the long term relationship and postpone marriage life. Instead, they move in together. Therefore, setting the agreement with prenuptial agreement template can minimize your lost.
Why Is The Prenuptial Agreement Important?
Many people think this agreement is only purposed for protecting the assets. After all, the prenuptial agreement is not only about money. This includes so many agreements including who will be responsible for certain tasks in marriage, family heirlooms, and others. Here are some important reasons why you need to make it then download our prenuptial agreement template.
You Might Marry Someone with Debt
A lot of debt from the one spouse is a common thing these days. One another spouse might not know about it after the marriage has taken place. Therefore, the prenuptial agreement will encourage couples to discuss it before marriage which of course another spouse will not be able to inherit the debt. The prenuptial agreement is a good way to prevent the creditors from making after the marital property.
It Legally Protects Your Assets
In some states, the agreement can protect your assets from laws governing property division and also spousal support. You can ask for some guidance from the family lawyer. Usually, this will specify the marital and non-marital assets and how this will be allocated after divorce. Mostly the assets distribution will be less tricky when you already set the valid agreement. So, it is important to fix this possible problematic situation before you set your marriage.
Secure The Financial Security from Both Parties
It is undoubtfully that prenuptial agreement can give financial security especially if one spouse is wealthier than the other one. It is normal if one spouse wants to protect his/her assets. There are many cases someone marries a wealthier spouse for financial support after divorce. This can be discussed using the prenuptial agreement.
It Is Protection For Your Business
The most business owner wants to protect their business from the divorce side effects such as intervention from the ex-spouse’s lawyer. Without stating it in the prenuptial agreement template, your business might end up in significant share with the ex-spouse. This is important to avoid conflict and also misunderstanding in the future.
After all, we don’t try to be stingy, we just cannot predict what happened in the near future. An agreement is the best way to avoid more conflict after emotional drama, including your financial security.
Some people often ignore this agreement as they think it is just dramatic for predicting their marriage life will end soon. In the end, people regret as they didn’t set their prenuptial agreement and they suffered mentally and financially.
- Simple Commercial Lease Agreement Printable
- Child Support Agreement Template Printable
- Printable Sample Land Lease Agreement
- Family Tree Template
- Printable LLC Operating Agreement
- Printable Statement/Personal Financial Statement Template
- Printable Business Agreement Between Two Parties
- Sample Car Rental Agreement Printable
- Hold Harmless Agreement Template Printable
- Operating Agreement Template
- Sample Texas Residential Lease Agreement All Formats
- Room Rental Agreement Template Printable
- Equipment Rental Agreement
- Risk Analysis Template
- Business Budget Template Printable
- Printable Roommate Rental Agreement Template
- Printable Mortgage Agreement Template
- Printable Commission Agreement Templates
- Home Purchase Agreement Printable
- Car Purchase Agreement Printable
- Printable Pro Forma Income Statement